Thursday, January 24, 2013

His Grace is Sufficient






But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
 2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV

Most mornings on my drive to work I pray and meditate on what God is doing in my life. This morning as I was thinking about Missy God brought this scripture to mind...well, the first part mostly, "My grace is sufficient for you....." 
and my heart's reply was, "Yes Lord, you ARE enough for me, you ARE grace."
God's grace is what gave Rick and I the strength, to let Missy go...
God's grace is what has gotten me through today, and yesterday, and tomorrow, and the next day and the next.....

Grace takes "trust" on my part....to believe that He has everything under control, EVEN  if it does not look like it to me.
"Trust" that He sees the whole picture, and all of His plans for my life, and for those I love and care about,  are for good, and for His glory.

When I "trust" God with everything, his Grace doesn't necessarily take away the pain, or sadness, but it does fill me with a "peace that passes all understanding". 

God finishes our prayer, praise, meditation time with filling my heart with the chorus part of a worship song "Let Your Glory Fall" by Matt Redman,

"You are good
You are good
and your love endures..."

I started my work day grieving, yet encouraged and walking in grace.

1 comment:

  1. Again, so sorry. Our pets become such owners of our hearts. Keep trusting.

    ReplyDelete